Thursday 2 June 2011

FIFA

Right, this will be my last football related post for a while, as I see that I am writing quite a bit about football. But this post must be written about FIFA.

The re-election of Seb Blatter is a joke and should not have been allowed to happen, if any other Football Association other than England had asked for the election to be postponed it would have been postponed. People’s opinions/hatred for England I believe has got their backs up and this is why they voted against the idea. I believe that most of the FA’s of the world think that the election should not have happened but unfortunately their opinions of England has clouded their judgement, they also don't like the freedom that the British press have (although I'm fairly certain the British press don't think they have much freedom these days).

However one thing that is certain this will be Mr Blatter’s last stint and I have my doubts that he will complete these four years before stepping down.

In my opinion FIFA does nothing for football, awarding world cups to countries can be done by anyone, they do not bring any benefits whatsoever to the game. in fact i would say they are more suited to being a private members club for people who like football.

It is surely time to take the game back it is not your game FIFA it is our game and by our game i mean football fans all over the world (I am not English)

No comments: